I've moved...

This blog now has a new home - please update your shortcuts and readers to: www.jeffkemponoracle.com. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dirt Cheap Oracle step #2 of 6: Install Linux

Ok, I've got all the hardware I need (took a few minutes with a vacuum cleaner to carefully suck out as much of the dust that was caked in there), and hooked it all up. The computer starts up ok, but it needs an OS - the hard disk was wiped clean of all government secrets, as expected.

[Full Article]

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on installing OEL! Being a Linux newbie myself, I found this link: http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/11g/OracleDB11gR1InstallationOnEnterpriseLinux4and5.php
    very useful. I installed Oracle 11g without ANY Linux knowledgde!

    Robbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robbert,

    Thanks - that's a great link. I read something similar on OTN and learned a bit about installing packages with rpm and setting memory parameters in Linux.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.