I've moved...

This blog now has a new home - please update your shortcuts and readers to: www.jeffkemponoracle.com. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Dirt Cheap Oracle

Seeing how Oracle XE and Linux is free, I want to see for just a minimum of outlay I could get a working database and web server running. I am also keen to give Linux a try; I've been a Windows user ever since my dad upgraded his computer from MS-DOS 3.3 to Windows 3.1, and while I've always worked for companies that used Unix I've never really had to learn much about it.

[Full Article]

2 comments:

  1. Jeff, you could always use Amazon EC2 and then you only pay for the machine when you are using it, it can't get much cheaper than that. If you want help I'd be more than happy to point you in the right direction.

    Matt
    matt@matttopper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip Matt, Amazon EC2 looks pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.